Update at 10.00 am on Monday 24 April 2017
We are pleased to inform that the clinical system is now back up and running, and normal service has resumed.
Thank you for your patience.
Update at 9.00 am on Monday 24 April 2017
Please note that we are experiencing downtime with our clinical system this morning. This is a national issue that is affecting practices across the country. We are working with our clinical system providers to resolve the issue as soon as possible, and appreciate your patience in this time.
Please note that this is disrupting our ability to deliver our full service as usual, and please be assured that we are making every effort to continue to provide patient access and care.
The Wembley Practice will be hosting a Health & Wellness Open Day for all members of the public on Friday 5th May 2017 between 2.00pm and 4.00pm – all are welcome to attend. See poster below.
The event aims to raise awareness about and allow patients to experience a number of local health and social care service providers accessible through the surgery for our patients as well as other residents of Brent.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to meet PPG representatives and members of practice staff, particularly newer team members, and will be treated to FREE mini health checks, whilst younger visitors can enjoy FREE face painting.
The services due to attend are:
- IAPT Talking Therapies, a free NHS evidence-based talking therapy service for people 16 years old and over, who are worried or have low mood.
- The Community Diabetes Team who provide support for people over the age of 17 living with type one and type two diabetes, in addition to coordinating specialist support services such as nutrition, foot care and signposts to retinal screening for house bound patients and patients with learning difficulties.
- Age UK Brent aim to maintain older people’s independence allowing them to stay safe and healthy.
- Brent Carers aim to make a positive difference to the lives of unpaid carers in the diverse communities of Brent by providing them with a range of services, support and recognition
- Healthwatch Brent is all about local voices being able to influence the delivery and design of local services.
- Alzheimer’s Society offers group support for Alzheimer’s sufferers and their carers. They have a dementia drop-in café every Wednesday from 2-4pm which offers a friendly meeting place for anyone affected by memory loss, dementia or forgetfulness to find support and discuss the challenges facing them.
- Like Minded Brent is a new service established to improve mental health and well-being across North West London. Their focus is working in partnership with several organisations to deliver excellent, joined up services that improve the quality of life for individuals, families and communities affected by mental health issues. Representatives from Like Minded will be present on the day to engage with patients and raise awareness of mental health services available to Brent residents.
- Sexual Health and Reproductive Clinic are based at the Hillside Primary Care Centre in Brent, where they offer free confidential sexual health and contraception services. They also have a clinic for young people (aged under 21) which provides a full range of sexual and reproductive health services.
- GoodGym Brent are a community of runners that combine getting fit with doing good in Brent. They provide a variety of services, from hanging curtains to shovelling compost and run various community projects with getting fit at their core.
- African Dance and Theatre Training (ADANTA) will also be attending the event. They are based in the Vale Community Centre and provide African dance and drama workshops in schools and the wider community. Alongside their youth projects, they are also involved in crime prevention and improving general cultural awareness.
- Heart of Gold Support Group offer advice, care and support to patients, their partners, carers and families following heart attack, heart failure, cardiac surgery and other heart related problems.
- Brent & Harrow Community Health Team is an organisation committed to providing support for people with complex or challenging behaviour, in a community setting, for Brent and Harrow. Their multi-disciplinary community health teams are made up of community nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists, physiotherapists, speech therapists and a range of other support workers. They provide assessment and treatment to people in their choice of environment and will be present on the day to engage with patients and raise awareness of the services they provide and how to access them.
A number of other services will also be present for the whole family to benefit from.
AT Medics practices schedule regular PPG meetings with SMS reminders, dedicated PPG notice boards and a translator if necessary, and are delighted to be hosting this event at The Wembley Practice.
Omar Din, AT Medics Head of Communications & Digital said “Our aim for this event is to improve patient experience at The Wembley Practice and to extend an invitation to the wider community to join us on Friday 5th April when our surgery becomes an open house.”
The Wembley Practice is committed to delivering high quality care focused on patient needs and safety, and is working to achieve clinical improvement through the implementation and advancement of quality systems, as well as continually reviewing and investing in training and education of staff.
Please note that Wembley Practice will be operating the following schedule till Tuesday 18th April 2017, after which the usual schedule will resume:
- Friday 14th April 2017 (Bank Holiday): closed
- Saturday 15th April 2017: 9.00am – 1.00pm
- Sunday 16th April 2017: closed
- Monday 17th April 2017 (Bank Holiday): closed
If you require out of hours care or advice, find out what you can do when we are closed >>